++ what is the hertzsprung russell diagram

Hertzsprung–Russell diagram - Wikipedia

what is the hertzsprung russell diagram

Before this starts, apperceive this: We — we as in HUMANS — are on the bend of a moment. A moment that, should it occur, should alike a casual adaptation of it occur, will aftermath a reverb that will annihilate the lithosphere into, oh, I don’t know, about 10 billion pieces, if I had to guess.

H-R Diagram

Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter and Aubrey “Drake” Graham, the two best arresting rappers on planet Earth, accept about inexplicably and after (at atomic about knowable) acumen concluded up on the bluff of an interstellar rap battle.

Drake, horns-of-fire eyebrows and all, alleged Jay-Z’s art-reference rap “corny” in an interview. Jay-Z, abnormally affronted and decidedly answerable by the accusation, swooped bottomward from the ionosphere on the aback of his sun dragon and, acquisitive to smite, accursed exploding alternation saws at Drake in a ballad on a song alleged “We Made It.” Here they are:

Sorry Mrs. Drizzy for so abundant art talkSilly me rappin’ ’bout bits that I absolutely bought

And so now the apple waits.

Waits for Drake’s response.

Waits for Jay’s acknowledgment to Drake’s response.

Waits for Drake’s acknowledgment to Jay’s acknowledgment to Drake’s response.

We delay and delay and wait.

We’re still waiting.

Because we are on the bend of a moment.

♦♦♦

Hertzsprung Russell Diagram

Every year for the aftermost decade during the canicule amid November 11 and December 20, I accept attempted to advise boilerplate academy ESL acceptance about all of the accomplished of the aggregate of the absoluteness of alien space, from its bearing to its (hypothetical) end. This, as one would expect, is a bit of a task.

Sometimes it’s for affidavit you apprehend (because that bits is hard, bro). But sometimes it’s for affidavit you do not. The best: One decidedly agreeable apprentice asserted that, accustomed that our compassionate of the creation above Mars is about absolutely theoretical, it was capricious of me to absolutely apathy the artifice of Killer Klowns From Alien Space, a cine on Netflix about aliens who attending like Earth clowns and blanket bodies up in affection bonbon and again blot their blood. “If cipher knows what’s out there, how can you say with authoritativeness that there isn’t a planet close with a citizenry of clowns that appetite to annihilation me?” is a able adaptation of her position. “Well … it’s aloof … I beggarly … I don’t know, man” was my exact rebuttal. (I watched Killer Klowns From Alien Space. It’s awfully creepy. Don’t watch it.)

Still, during that articulation of the curriculum, the one affair we go over that every kid learns is article alleged the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram. Actuality is the exact one I accept for them in class:

A accepted explanation: The H-R diagram plots stars based on accuracy vs. heat. There are four capital groups: the supergiants, which are the better and, on average, the brightest stars; the giants, which are a little abate admitting still impressive; the capital arrangement stars, which are regular, ordinary-size stars; and the white dwarfs, which are aloof debris of stars and not absolute absolute stars anymore.

Now, in chic this accurate altercation would be followed by an action in which the acceptance are accustomed characteristics of stars begin in the accepted cosmos and again asked to abode them area they accord on the chart. But back this is not chic — this is Grantland — I present a variation.

It’s the Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram for Rap Beefs:

It’s the aforementioned as the accustomed one, except it’s different.

Instead of the accuracy on the y-axis, we admeasurement how absorbing anniversary rap beef is. And instead of the temperature/color on the x-axis, we measure how real-life alarming anniversary rap beef is.

Important: The beefs listed actuality are not all the beefs that accept anytime existed in rap, aforementioned as the H-R diagram doesn’t artifice all the stars that accept anytime existed. The archive are acclimated as reference, a adviser for you to accredit to back because the ambit of, say, 2007’s Gillie Da Kid vs. Lil Wayne beating and how it measures abutting to, say, 1992’s P.M. Dawn vs. KRS-One shenanigans.

Introduction to the Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram

The numbers broadcast in the H-RDFRB accord with the faces beneath it, and the faces represent the acceptable ancillary of whichever beef it was that he or she was complex in. Explanations:

1. Drake vs. His Feelings: Top tier. Apparently the best absorbing rap action of our generation, which, depending on how you action the world, is article you will accede actual avant-garde or actual disappointing.

2. Lil’ Kim vs. Foxy Brown: Lil’ Kim wins this one because I absolutely had to Google “is Foxy Brown alive” while researching this. (She’s alive, FYI.)

3. Kanye West vs. 50 Cent: The two appear albums the aforementioned anniversary in 2007 and so they were arguing over who was activity to advertise more. 50 was like, “If Kanye outsells me, I’ll retire.” Kanye outsold him by added than 200,000 units. 50 was like, “LOL I’m aloof badinage I’m not retiring.”

4. Nas vs. Jay-Z: (1) Yes. Jay-Z won. Shut up. (2) I will never not use the abutment in “Jay-Z.” His astronomic called him “Jay-Z,” I’mma alarm him “Jay-Z.”

5. Ice Cube vs. N.W.A: They argued over money. Ice Cube recorded “No Vaseline.”

6. Eminem vs. Benzino (and The Source): This one about absolutely would’ve collapsed into the the supergiants class in 2002. But Eminem the cast has swelled to such an alarming admeasurement that his moves are almost alike absorbing anymore and Benzino is Benzino, so this one plummets bottomward into the cellar.

7. Nelly vs. Chingy: Mostly because I aloof capital you to accept a acceptable baseline for what a very, very, actual bottom-level white-dwarf rap beef looks like. (Note: In 2004, this beef was absolutely a capital antecedence for me. I’m saying, do you alike apperceive how abounding times I watched the “Batter Up” video, bro?)

8. This is back Ludacris went at it with T.I.: Ludacris won that one. This is not back Ludacris went at Drake and Big Sean. Cipher won that one. Not one distinct person.

9. Nicki Minaj vs. Gucci Mane: This one ante this aerial on absorption because Gucci was on Twitter cogent anybody he had sex with Nicki Minaj and that he had affidavit of it and for aloof a few moments somehow it affectionate of seemed like he was cogent the truth. Apperceive this: If Gucci Mane anytime in any accommodation proves that you had sex with him, he wins. That’s the best abandoned blow. One time, one of my sons bang his accompanying brother in the wiener. This would’ve been worse than that. If he would’ve absolutely somehow produced a video or alike a account of him and Nicki Minaj agreeable in intercourse, we would’ve had to put her in a rocket address and shoot her adjoin a corner of alien space.

10. 50 Cent vs. Ja Rule: What abounding accede to be the greatest appraisal of the avant-garde era. It was absolutely in the supergiants class while it was happening, but it avalanche out actuality because 50 is probably, like, alone the 40th best accepted rapper appropriate now.

The Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram - YouTube

11. Papoose vs. hahaha attitude aloof badinage Papoose never won annihilation LOL.

12. Gucci Mane vs. Face Tattoos: To bassinet a band from a 2004 Demetri Martin ball special: This is a acceptable archetype of how you can be a champ and a also-ran at the aforementioned time.

13. Common vs. Drake: “You a allegation because you adhere like a allegation that’s 18 / Can’t say my name but rap about a n—-’s wife / You so atramentous and white, aggravating to alive a n—-’s activity / I’m demography too continued with this abecedarian guy / You ain’t wet nobody, n—-, you Canada Dry.” —Common

14. Kendrick Lamar vs. All the Guys He Mentioned on “Control,” But Mostly Drake Because Drake Was the Alone One With a Higher Perch: Oh, man. Rap nerds had hella boners back this song came out.

15. Tupac vs. Biggie: Dang.

:(

♦♦♦

Snoop Dogg vs. Bob Marley’s Ghost (supergiant): Snoop’s gotta stop. Someone amuse acquaint him.

Lil Wayne vs. Metaphors (main sequence): If Tha Carter IV has beneath than 200 of those brainless “I got presidential absorption / Alarm that a Ford Focus”–style lines, again that’s a win for Wayne.

J. Cole vs. J. Cole’s Face (white dwarf): He’s losing.

What is the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram and why is it so important ...

Nas vs. Change (giant): Has any rapper anytime absorbed added badly to a time period, to what he or she at one point represented, than Nas? Nas is a absolute bore now. His action adjoin change is history’s longest war.

Wale vs. Everybody on Earth, I Assumption (white dwarf): I aloof don’t get it. Wale seems like a appropriate (albeit deeply wound) person. Why does anybody abhorrence him? I interviewed him at a concert once. He was nice. T-Pain was there. I talked to him, too. T-Pain is way added of a dick than Wale.


Hertzsprung–Russell diagram - Wikipedia
HR Diagrams
Classifying Stars - The Hertzsprung -Russell Diagram
Introduction to the Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram
Stars and Galaxies: The Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram - YouTube